Do you have a limited spaced kitchen that a regular oven won’t even fit in? Then, you need to think of getting a countertop convection oven which can save you a lot of space. Here in this article, I will help you find the best countertop convection oven through reviews and purchase tips.
I have my own share of blunders when buying for the right countertop convection oven, especially with the many brands currently available. However, if you know what features to look for, then selecting the best brand would be easy. Check the guide and reviews below.
Advantages of a Countertop Convection Oven
If you’re still having second thoughts of buying a countertop convection oven, here are the reasons why you should get one.
Convection ovens have a fan built at the back. This fan blows warm air all throughout the oven’s interior, resulting to quick and even heating. Unlike the hot air that usually hangs around in traditional ovens, the air is circulated well to cook more evenly.
Saves Space, Time, And Energy
The big plus about using a countertop convection oven is the space you saved in your kitchen. Because food is cooked faster, you save energy. You can also cook multiple foods at once.
Cooks Nicely And at a Higher Yield
In my experience, roasted meats, cakes, and cookies turn out great in a convection oven. The meat tends to be juicier when cooking in this type of oven. Also, the meat won’t shrink during cooking, resulting in a higher yield.
Tips on Using a Convection Oven
- For best results, cook food on pans with low sides. This is to allow proper heat circulation.
- Turn off the convection setting if you’ll be baking a casserole or anything that you’ll be cooking in a covered or high-sided dish.
- Try to set the oven at a lower temperature because it’s already energy efficient. Ideally, set the temperature 25 degrees Fahrenheit lower than the suggested temperature in the recipe.
Things To Consider
Before you buy a countertop convection oven, determine the actual dimensions of the unit. Use the measurements provided by the manufacturer and see if it fits in your counter space.
Although the slice capacity can determine the size of the oven, it can be a little misleading. The best way to identify the size is to check its cubic-foot measurement. Usually, a 0.6-cubic foot capacity can sufficiently cook a whole chicken.
You also need to look at the price of the unit to determine whether it fits your allotted budget. You don’t want to spend above your budget because it may be unwise given the economy nowadays.
The best way to make a wise purchase decision is to compare prices and select a unit that offers the best features.
Gas Or Electrical Model
There are two types of countertop convection ovens you can choose: gas or electrical. Choose a gas model if you want a more energy efficient appliance. However, it may still need electricity to move the fan. If you want a more even heat, choose an electrical model.
What To Look For Buying Your Best Countertop Convection Oven
For ease in cooking, look for accessories that come with the convection oven, including racks, pans, and rotisserie. All of these ovens offer at least one wire rack, while the larger ones usually offer two.
The best countertop convection oven should have multiple rack positions so that you can move at any level and cook multiple items or brown food nicely.
Look for more pans if you want to utilize the appliance for several uses. Select a unit with extra pans for roasting, baking, and broiling. You can also look for a removable crumb tray for ease of cleaning.
Multiple Heating Settings
Usually, a convection oven features three basic heating options: baking, toasting, and broiling. These three functions are already sufficient to make you breakfast, dinner, and snacks.
If you want more versatility, look for more heating options such as defrosting, reheating, and roasting. More advanced models even come with brick inserts that can replicate the original flavor of brick-even cooking. The more heating options, the better.
For ease of use, look for an interior oven light to watch your food during cooking. An LCD screen that shows the temperature and time can be a great feature too. It usually comes with buttons or dials for easy setting. A countdown timer that shuts off the unit automatically can also great for safety and convenience.
There can be many other great features to improve the efficiency of the unit. For example, the Element IQ can help provide the right power at the proper time. A Lightning Infrared Technology makes preheating unnecessary for faster cooking.
Construction And Design
Durability and ease of maintenance should also be your priorities in selecting a good countertop convection oven. The housing should be made of stainless steel to prevent rust and stains. The interior should be nonstick for ease in cleaning and the glass door tempered for durability.
Top 5 Best Countertop Convection Oven Reviews
Now that you know the things to be considered and the features to look for, here are the reviews for the best countertop convection oven.
01. Morning Star Extra Large Infrared
If you don’t an additional preheating step, then the Morning Star Extra Large Infrared is a great choice as it requires no preheating procedure. It uses a lightning infrared technology which cooks up food faster.
Together with convection oven technology, this oven offers the best cooking results. It has nine preset functions which include pizza, roast, and toast.
An extra large 12-slice capacity can cook a whole chicken and a 12” pizza. This oven includes accessories such as a baking tray, wire rack, and removable crumb tray.
The front is made of stainless steel for durability while the interior is made of a nonstick surface for easy cleaning. You can move the racks to four various heights to give the best cooking output.
- Has an interior light which you can turn on and off anytime
- No preheating neededAllows you to keep food warm up to 12 hours
- Has a sleek and durable construction
- Easy to maintain
- Has great accessories and convenient features
- Features a 2-year warranty
- A bit pricey than other similar convection ovens
- A little bit tricky to use due to the symbols
- The manual doesn’t offer many detailed directions
02. Breville BOV800XL Smart
This convection oven is carefully made from reinforced stainless steel housing, tempered glass door, and nonstick interior. This oven has a six-slice toast capacity that can fit a 13” pizza.
This smart oven has three rack positions and nine preset functions for versatility. A crumb/drip tray makes it easy to clean between cooking sessions. The backlit LCD display makes it easy to set the time and temperature.
- Supports a one-year limited product warranty
- Has a nice and durable construction
- Includes accessories such as baking pan, broil rack, crumb/drip tray, and pizza pan
- Easy to use with its dial preset functions
- Has an efficient Element IQ cooking technology
- Built with nice convenient features like a backlit LCD display
- Has no inside light
- A bit expensive
- The back light may work intermittently
03. Cuisinart TOB-135W Deluxe
The Cuisinart TOB-135W Deluxe is a spacious convection oven with a capacity of 0.6 cubic foot that can fit a 12” pizza or six slices of bread. It features nine functions which include warm, toast, and bake.
The functions have digital controls and a large blue backlit display for ease of use.
The exterior is made of brushed stainless steel while its interior is nonstick for ease of cleaning. It’s so easy to use with its 2-hour timer and automatic shutoff. This oven carries a 3-year limited warranty for free repairs and replacements.
Accessories include an oven rack, baking/drip pan, broiling rack, removable crumb tray.
- Offers a 3-year limited warranty
- Includes many accessories including oven rack, broiling rack, and baking pan
- Easy to clean with its removable crumb tray
- Offers nine preset functions for versatility
- Well made and durable
- Has no oven light
- The interior is unexpectedly smaller
- A bit complex to operate
04. KitchenAid KCO273SS 12”
This convection oven includes many accessories such as a multipurpose pan, broiling rack, cooling rack, and drip-tray.
There are nine preset functions to choose which includes toast, cookie, and Asado Roast. This 12-inch oven can fit two 12” pizzas or Cornish hens. While the exterior is made of stainless steel, the interior is made of scratch-resistant, nonstick interior.
- Features a one-year replacement warranty
- Includes many accessories including drip-try, broiling rack, and cooling rack
- Has a durable and safe interior surface
- Offers nine preset functions for flexibility
- Has nice convenient features including a 2-hour timer and LED display
- The preheat step can be a hassle
- The dial easily breaks
- It has no oven light and removable crumb tray
05. Oster Large Capacity
Its 6-slice capacity has a large interior that can accommodate many meals including casseroles, pizzas, and cookies.
The removable crumb tray makes it easy to clean while its two rack positions add flexibility to your cooking options. You don’t have to worry about cooking because its 90-minute countdown timer can shut the unit off automatically once done in cooking.
What I love is its interior light which allows you to view the food while cooking.
- Has an interior light for easy viewing
- Features nine preset functions of convenience
- Built with great features
- The price and size are good
- Easy to use with its digital controls and LED display
- Easy to clean
- Has an adjustable broil for proper browning
- The construction is a bit unsatisfactory because the materials seem frail
- The broiler doesn’t get sufficiently hot to sear the steak
- The handle can get so hot
My Best Countertop Convection Oven
Now my pick for the best countertop convection oven is the Morning Star Infrared Convection Oven because it has the best features among the group. Unlike the other brands, Morning Star requires no preheating step as it uses infrared technology.
It has also met the things that I look for including great accessories, durable construction, multiple heat settings, and extra features. Some of the great features of this model include an interior light, LED display, and digital controls.
Did you enjoy reading the reviews? I hope that I have helped you decide which brand of countertop convection oven you’ll be buying next time. Aside from saving space in your kitchen, using this oven is great because it can cook faster and more evenly.
If you’ve tried any of these brands or use any model, tell us your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends if you like it.