Are you looking for an efficient tool for scrambling, whipping, and kneading? Then you probably need a hand mixer that is less expensive than a stand mixer but works heavy and more efficient than a hand whisk. If you don’t know what brand to choose, check my reviews on the best hand mixer for cookie dough in 2022.
I’ve tested all these five hand mixer products and I must say they beat the rest of the competition.
However, you will find one heavy-duty hand mixer that meets all the qualifications. Check the complete details of my reviews below.
5 Best Hand Mixer For Cookie Dough
Now that you know the things to look for in the best hand mixer, let’s know the features of each contender in my reviews below.
Cuisinart HM-90BCS Handheld Mixer
The Cuisinart HM-90BCS is a 220-watt handheld mixer with a simple on/off button. A one-touch speed control makes the usage very simple. It includes many accessories, including beaters, whisk, dough hooks, recipe book, and spatula.
This handheld mixer offers nine-speed options, which is the highest among all the handheld mixers reviewed in this article. It includes 3 low start speeds to stop the ingredients from splattering anywhere. The cuisinat hm-90bcs is well designed to mix the cookie dough effortlessly.
A snap-on storage case keeps the mixer and the attachments securely in one place. The colored handheld mixer will increase the beauty of your kitchen.
What We Like
- Supports a 3-year limited warranty
- Includes essential attachments such as dough hooks, chef’s whisk, and beaters
- Easy to use with the one-touch speed control and simple on/off button
- Offers nine-speed options for great versatility
- Has a powerful motor of 220 watts
- Has 3 low star speeds for a mess-free operation
- Includes a storage case to keep everything in one place
- Easy to clean with dishwasher-safe attachments
- Has a solid construction
What We Don’t Like
- Speed may vary based on the load
- The beaters are a bit flimsy
- The power cord is weakly linked to the rotator
2. Hamilton Beach 62682RZ Hand Mixer
The Hamilton Beach 62682RZ has such power that can peak as much as 250 watts. It increases the mixing power extremely well thus you can call it the best mixer for cookies. This is the highest power among all the other hand mixers reviewed in this article. I like its snap-on storage case because it can fit all the cords, attachments, and mixer altogether.
When you’re reading the recipe while mixing, you can rest it over the bowl using its bowl rest feature. This hand mixer features six speeds to provide versatile functions and a QuickBurst button to provide more power.
Apart from the mixer, you also get conventional beaters and whisk.
What We Like
- Comes with a quick burst button for extra power
- Offers six different speed settings
- Designed with a bowl rest feature for convenience
- Has a peak power of 250 watts
- Comes with a snap-on storage case to keep everything together
- Includes great attachments such as beaters and a whisk
- Very affordable given its high-end features
What We Don’t Like
- Seems to lack low speed
- The blades may rust over time
- The high speed may give a very loud noise
3. KitchenAid KHM7210ER Hand Mixer
The KitchenAid KHM7210ER is powered by 120 watts and features seven speeds for versatility. Select speed one to slowly stir chunky ingredients and speed seven to beat egg whites. I’m fond of its Soft Start feature which gradually increases the speed to help avoid splattering.
This cookie dough maker comes with a soft grip handle to offer comfort while in use. It comes with a whisk attachment for whipping egg whites. The cord can be locked on either side of the mixer making the ingredients easy to approach from any angle.
What We Like
- Features seven types of speed for versatility
- Designed with a soft grip handle for comfort
- Has a Soft Start feature to avoid splattering
- Has a lockable swivel cord for great ease of use
- Includes a Pro Whisk for whipping egg whites
- Easy to remove any accessory with the beater ejector button
- Offers a one-year warranty
What We Don’t Like
- The top speeds seem to be insufficient for mashing potatoes
- The beaters get easily warped
- The wattage is a bit low for high performance
- A bit expensive as compared to similar products
4. VonShef RED Hand Mixer
The VonShef RED Hand Mixer boasts a powerful 250 motor for better performance. True enough, this unit can knead a thick dough. It features five-speed settings and a turbo setting to accomplish perfect results from whisking to kneading doughs.
This RED hand mixer includes many extra attachments such as two dough hooks, two beaters, and a balloon whisk. They’re all dishwasher safe for ease of cleaning. Apart from a stylish and sleek design, this unit is lightweight to use for convenience.
What We Like
- Comes with many attachments, such as a balloon whisk, beaters, and dough hooks
- Easy to clean with its dishwasher-safe attachments
- Easy to use with its thumb-operated speed settings control
- Has an ejector button for easy removal of attachments
- Has a lightweight design for comfort
- Has a high wattage for better performance
- Features five-speed settings and a turbo setting for ideal results
What We Don’t Like
- The parts are a bit flimsy
- Some units may emit a smell of burning plastic
- The turbo setting seems not to work as expected
- There’s no low speed to avoid the splattering of ingredients
5. Vremi Electric Hand Mixer
The Vremi Electric Hand Mixer features three-speed settings for versatility. It has a 150-watt power that can whisk and blend food efficiently. A built storage case is included to keep your attachments together with your mixer.
What I love about this hand mixer is its high-quality stainless steel beater blades, which can last for a very long time because they don’t rust. The mixer is designed with an easy-grip handle to give comfort while in use.
To prevent the motor from overheating, avoid mixing heavy ingredients.
What We Like
- Made of durable stainless steel beater blades
- Includes a storage case for compact storage
- Offers three-speed settings
- Has a sufficient power of 150 watts
- Easy to use even for kids
- Designed with a comfortable handle
- Small and lightweight
What We Don’t Like
- Has a weak construction
- There’s no low speed so flour may splatter everywhere
- There’s not much power to work on hard dough
- The beaters are so short that they won’t reach the base of a standard mixing bowl
Heavy Duty Hand Mixers
Considering the features that we look for, the best heavy-duty hand mixer is the Cuisinart HM-90BCS Handheld Mixer. As compared to its peers, Cuisinart HM-90BCS has the highest number of speed settings with a total of nine. It also includes a storage case to keep everything together.
The Cuisinart HM-90BCS also has a durable construction, the second-highest wattage of 220, and great attachments. What I love about this unit are its 3 low start speeds which can give a mess-free operation.
What Is A Hand Mixer And What Does It Do?
A hand mixer is ideal for lighter tasks and smaller batches. It’s a lot simpler to whisk two egg whites with a hand mixer than doing it on a stand mixer.
For better performance and ease in cleaning, the wire beaters have no thick center post that you usually see on conventional-style beaters.
Unlike the stand mixers, a hand mixer often comes with limited attachments, like two removable metal beaters. Several foods that you can mix with this handheld machine include cream, eggs, and cakes.
If you don’t know yet, this machine is the simplest way to create mashed potatoes.
Advantages Of A Hand Mixer
One of the best advantages of owning a hand mixer is the price. Unlike the stand mixers, a hand mixer is more affordable. It also stores more compactly than a bulky stand mixer. In my case, I store my hand mixer in a deep drawer.
This type of electric mixer shines best as a great alternative to a manual beater or hand whisk for quick tasks, such as whipping egg whites and even occasional baking.
These quick tasks can be exhausting when you do them by hand but they become easier with a hand mixer. In terms of maintenance, they’re easy to clean.
The only drawback to hand mixers is that many lack the power to knead thick bread doughs. If they’re capable, then you need to have a lot of strength to grip the mixer while you struggle with the dense dough.
It’s your decision whether you’re ready for this task or not.
Buying Guide: Heavy Duty Hand Mixers For Cookie Dough
You don’t want to end up with painful wrists when whisking up egg whites so look for a comfortable grip. Check whether the handle gives a good grip and it’s not too heavy to lift.
There are many handle designs that you can select, parallel and slanted. A parallel handle requires you to lift the mixer with your elbow up. I suggest a slanted handle because it keeps you from exerting extra force and provides a comfortable grip.
Similar to how you buy any other product, ensure that the hand mixer offers durability. A durable mixer should be made of sturdy parts from the casing to the beater blades and motor.
Even if most mixers are made of a plastic casing, make sure that it’s thick and heavy-duty. The beaters can either be made of chrome or stainless steel. I recommend stainless steel because it’s more durable than chrome.
Take a look at the warranty because it can also indicate the durability of the product. The longer the warranty, the more durable the product seems to be.
Variable Speed Control
The best hand mixer should offer a range of speed settings. Five speeds are sufficient for your needs. While a low speed helps in folding and mixing ingredients, the high speed works for whisking the cream.
To avoid messy splatters, look for mixers with a slow start-up feature. Some mixers offer 3 low start speeds, which is great to keep ingredients from splashing over you.
The speed control should be smooth to change and easy to access. With hard controls, you might push the wrong speed, which could result in a disaster like an egg splattering on your face.
For versatility, look for attachments such as a dough hook, balloon whisk, and beaters. A dough hook serves its purpose well when you’re making your own bread as it makes kneading simpler.
A balloon whisk, on the other hand, becomes handy when beating egg whites as it incorporates air into your ingredients.
Beater attachments are essential because they can improve performance. These require a good length, as shorter ones will impede the bowl size you can use. For ease of cleaning, make sure that the attachments are dishwasher-safe.
Many of the best brands offer a storage case to ensure that the attachments are kept securely together with the mixer. This eliminates the problem of digging through your drawers to search for your mixer attachments.
The watt rating of a hand mixer is a great reference when looking for a heavy duty mixer. The higher the watts, the better because it entails a more powerful machine. This means less work on your wrist when mixing up heavy bread doughs. A typical thinner mixer usually functions on 200-225 watts of power. If you’re a serious cook, look for a unit with at least 300 watts in power to work on the hardest dough.
Did you have fun reading the reviews for the best hand mixer? Getting a hand mixer is essential if you’re into cooking because it can make mixing a lot easier.
Although this might not provide the same power as a stand mixer, a hand mixer is great for doing quick tasks like whipping eggs.
If you have further questions and suggestions, comment below. You can also share this article with your friends if you like it.
Read Next: Best commercial meat grinders.
I Eat and Review Products.
Joshua is one of the best product reviewers. He reviews products in such a way a lawyer asks a question to an accused. You can find him doing machinery work in his little lab. His dad was a machinist in Toronto. Probably Joshua gets his affection for the gadgets from his dad. Joshua’s mother was a home cook. She made him really tasty food. Joshua once said in an interview, ” I probably fall in love with cooking when i was just 12 years old.”