The Best Masticating Juicer in 2019: 5 Juicers You Need To See
Are you shopping for the best masticating juicer? Then look no further as I will review five of the most popular brands on the market today. I closely look at each feature and select one which I think is the best.
As you already know, masticating juicers are a more thorough process of extracting juice and nutrients from food. This is the reason why most health conscious people select this type of juicer. If you want to be guided for your next purchase, check my guide on what to look for and five product reviews below.
If you are interested in other kitchen gadgets, refer here: Best Choises
What Is A Masticating Juicer And How Does It Work?
In literal terms, masticating means a slow process of extracting juice and nutrients from fruits and vegetables. A masticating juicer uses a gear or auger that spins slowly to effectively pulverize the cell walls of food to yield more nutrients and juice. As you already know, more antioxidants and nutrients are produced if you break through the walls of food.
Typically, a masticating juicer has 1-2 augers. The auger operates like human teeth where it crushes fruits and vegetables to squeeze out all the juice. As the juice is strained through a mesh screen straight to your cup, the pulp is left behind.
Advantages Of Using A Masticating Juicer
While a centrifugal juicer is cheaper, it can’t deliver a higher nutrition content as compared to a masticating juicer. This slow extracting juicer works well on stringy roots and leafy greens, blending and incorporating a wider nutrient profile. Also, this type of juicer extracts more juice which means better efficiency.
With the slow-press method, you get less oxidation on your juice. This means less foam and more antioxidants. Since you get to absorb more nutrients in your body, you can expect to have good health benefits.
However, you should be aware that some masticating models can be difficult to operate. They tend to have a fussy feed system that might clog the motors. For this reason, I tried to search for the most user-friendly models.
Horizontal Vs Vertical Masticating Juicer
Now there are two types of designs that you can choose when it comes to masticating juicer: horizontal or vertical. If you have a limited space on your kitchen counter, a vertical design is more appropriate because it has a compact base. This type of design also has bigger augers so they can make the juice more quickly.
Horizontal juicers, on the other hand, tend to process slower because they have smaller augers. This type of design is perfect if you aim for versatility. This is because a horizontal design tends to offer more food processing options.
What To Look For
Augers With Teeth
The main function of the auger is to extract juice out of fruits and vegetables. What you want is an auger with teeth to help slash into leafy greens and chew into stringy roots.
Of course, you want a masticating juicer that will last for a very long time. For this reason, look for a model with a durable construction. You should look for the construction of a few main parts, like the housing, pulp screen, and auger.
The housing should be sturdy enough to manage the intense pressure created between the pulp screen and the auger. The pulp screen should be metal so it can endure the crunchiest produce. Finally, you want an auger that’s made of stainless steel to prevent rust or food grade plastics to prevent any food reaction.
Look for versatile attachments if you want your masticating juicer to also work as a food processor and grinder. Some models might sell these attachments separately, but there are some that offer them for free. Selecting a unit that comes with a kit is a perfect way to get the best value for your money.
Low-End Heft Motor
Unlike a centrifugal juicer which depends on high wattage and speed, a masticating juicer works best with a slow motor that runs surely. Make sure that the motor produces a serious torque so it can force the auger to work through hard fruits and vegetables. Most models accomplish this with gear reduction systems, similar to what you’d find in a car.
The best masticating juicer works about 80 rounds per minute (RPM) or even lower. Combined with a powerful motor, it can yield juice without oxidizing the food which means more nutrients for you.
Auto Pulp Ejection
One of the challenges of using a masticating juicer is to dig the pulp out of the machine after use. Luckily, you can end this problem by looking for an auto pulp-ejection feature.
This special feature makes the cleanup easier because the dry pulp is pushed out of a chute into a waiting container. Also, you prevent clogging the motor when you’ll work with fibrous ingredients.
The warranty can be an indicator of quality. The longer the warranty, the better. More often than not, a manufacturer offers a long warranty because he’s confident that the product will last long as expected. Getting a long warranty is a great security because it can give you peace of mind if your machine breaks.
Top 5 Best Masticating Juicer Reviews
Have you all considered everything that you need to know about Masticating Juicer? at least the basics. Let us proceed with our review!
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
The Omega J8006 is a horizontal masticating juicer with a powerful motor. It runs at a low speed of 80 RPM and 110 volts, which means no clogging and foaming. For continuous juicing, this unit offers an auto pulp-ejection feature.
This machine works in two stages: first, food is extracted to extract the juice, then second, the pulp is ejected.
You can tell that this unit is made of quality because it offers a remarkable 15-year warranty. The juicer screen is already installed in the machine so you can use it straight from the box.
Aside from making juice, you can also use this unit to make peanut butter, baby food, and grind coffee as it comes with several attachments.
- Very versatile as it can do other things, like make baby food, grind spices, and even whip up soy milk
- Features a very long 15-year warranty
- Approved by safety use
- Designed with an auto pulp-ejection feature for easy cleaning
- Comes with several attachments like food processor, homogenizer, and juicing
- Built with a powerful motor and a low speed for efficiency
- Has a durable construction
- The auger is made of plastic so it chips easily
- The motor seems to get hot after several minutes of use so don’t touch it
- The chute is a bit small so you may need to dice the fruits and vegetables to fit
Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer And Mincer SW-2000
The Tribest SW-2000 is a vertical masticating juicer that works at a slow 47 RMP with less oxidation and higher yield. The duo-blade auger makes the process faster and simpler to operate.
It includes a mincing attachment which you can use to make salsas and frozen sorbets.
A powerful 200-watt motor runs a 3-stage reduction gear to create a greater torque. This means less jamming and more juicing. You can control the juice flow by using its juice cap. This product comes with a 10-year warranty and a 100% BPA-free housing and casing.
- Made with a duo-blade auger for faster juicing
- Includes a mincing attachment for versatility
- Constructed with 100% BPA-free casing, housing, auger, and screen
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Works at a low speed of 47 RPM
- Has a very powerful motor equivalent to 9 HP
- Very expensive as compared to similar products
- Produces so much pulp in juice
- The motor may heat up and create noise
Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer works at a lower speed of 80 RPM, which means less foam and more nutrients. It features an auto pulp-ejection to make the cleanup more convenient. Another thing that I love about this unit is its quiet operation which runs less than 60 decibels.
This horizontal masticating juicer offers a broad spectrum of food including fibrous vegetables, leafy greens, and many other fruits. You can expect the unit to last long up to two years as indicated by its warranty. To prevent clogging, you can push down the “R” switch.
- Made of environmentally friendly materials
- Offers an auto pulp-ejection feature to prevent clogging
- Easy to assemble and use
- Convenient to clean with its dishwasher-safe parts
- Runs quietly at less than 60 decibels
- Comes with a cleaning brush and a juice jug
- Provides a 2-year warranty
- The screen tends to wear out quickly
- Seem to produce extremely wet pulp
- The spout seems to be badly designed because the juice runs down which creates a big mess every single time
Argus Le Slow Masticating Juicer
The Argus Le Slow Masticating Juicer features a 3 in 1 auger system: squeezing, filter, and collecting. In estimation, it takes about two minutes to disassemble and clean the parts. The grinding becomes more efficient with its smart juice bowl.
This vertical masticating juicer runs at a very low speed of 32 RMP which means better enzyme retention and less oxidation. All parts of the juicer are made of food grade materials making it nonreactive to acidic ingredients.
Preparation time can be cut off a great deal with its 3-inch feed chute that requires less chopping of ingredients.
- Built with an overload protection system which shuts off when the motor overheats
- Designed with a wide 3-inch feed chute for less preparation time
- The wall of the juice bowl has 24 ribs to increase the squeezing of fruits and vegetables
- Made of food grade materials
- Built with a drip-free smart cap for protection against oxidation
- Includes a spare filter, pusher, cleaning brush and many others
- Produces very dry pulp
- Operates silently with its 32 RPM speed
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- The bolt that connects the auger seems to rust easily
- It would have been perfect if it has an auto pulp-ejection feature
- Doesn’t work well with very hard fruits, like apples
SKG Wide Chute Anti-Oxidation Slow Masticating Juicer
The SKG Masticating Juicer has a vertical design that runs at a low speed of 60 RMP. Its feeder chute has a 3-inch wide mouth that can accommodate large produce. This means more resistance to clogging, less preparation time, and quick cleanup.
To prevent further oxidation, the juicing space is nicely sealed. All parts of the juicer are made of high-quality food grade anti-oxidation materials. This product comes with a 2-year warranty for all parts and a 10-year warranty for the main body and motor.
- Works at a low speed of 60 RPM
- Made of a wide mouth feeder chute
- Constructed of food grade materials
- Offers 10 warranty for motor and main body and 2 years for all parts
- Resists clogging and oxidation
- Built with a drip-free smart cap and sturdy handle
- Approved by many safety standards like CE, ETL, and ROHS
- Tends to make a loud noise while juicing
- The juice seems to be pulpy so you need to strain it more
- Difficult to disassemble and wash
My Best Masticating Juicer
As seen in my review above, the best masticating juicer is Omega J8006 because it has met most of the things that I’m looking for. The J8006 has versatile attachments, an auger with teeth, auto pulp-ejection feature, durable construction, and slow speed of 80 RPM. As compared to all products reviews, the J8006 offers the longest warranty of 15 years.
Did you find the reviews helpful? Masticating juicer is a great investment if you value nutrition and higher juice yield and My Juicer has a good range to choose from. Like any other purchase, you’ll need to research on the product that you want to buy to ensure that you spend on the right product.
If you have any questions and suggestion about this article, let us know in the comment section. Please share this article if you like it.