If you’re thinking of buying a new portable electric stove, then you come to the right place as I review five of the best brands right now. Unlike other types of cooking sources, an electric stove is safer, more convenient, and less expensive. To give you an insight on how to buy the best portable electric stove, keep on reading.
Top 5 Best Portable Electric Stove Reviewed
1. Editor’s Pick – The Best Product: Duxtop LCD 1800-Watt Burner 9600LS
The Duxtop 9600LS Portable Induction Cooktop is built with the best features at a reasonable price. Having kids of my own, I really appreciate the Child Safety Lock feature because it keeps the children from manipulating the controls.
The built-in timer allows you to set the cooking time up to 10 hours while the auto-pan detection feature shuts the unit off if no cookware is detected after 30 seconds. There are 20 power levels which range from 100 to 1800 watts.
You can keep updated with the cooking time and temperature by reading the digital LCD display.
The sensor-touch control panel is angled to protect the controls from heat while cooking.
This unit comes with a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty which is good enough for the quality and price.
- Built with great safety features
- Supports a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Has a high wattage of 1800 watts
- Offers 20 power levels for fine-grained control
- Designed with a crystal clear LCD display and sensor-touch controls
- The control panel is angled to protect the electronics from heat
- Has a durable construction and a large cooktop surface
- The glass top tends to get slick
- It may give some loud squeals
2. Runner Up/Alternative Pick – The Second Best Product: Secura 8100MC 1800W
The Secura 8100MC is a portable induction countertop that offers 10 power levels which range from 200 to 1800 watts. It’s built with a digital control panel with an LED display to show the precise temperature and time.
You can set the timer up to 170 minutes and select the temperature from 140-460 degrees Fahrenheit. Just like any high-end model, the 8100MC offers an auto-pan detection feature that will turn off your unit once no cookware is detected after one minute.
The touch control panel makes the operation so convenient with just a slight press on the buttons.
This induction cooktop is compatible with most cookware, including cast iron and stainless steel.
- Built with a digital control panel with sensor-touch controls
- Equipped with a digital timer up to 170 minutes
- Offers 10 power levels for better control
- Has an auto-pan detection feature for safety
- Offers a high wattage up to 1800 watts
- Comes at a good price
- Has a large 8-inch diameter circle burner
- Gives a high pitch whine when setting at higher power levels
- Has a temperature regulation problem
3. Budget Pick – The Best Product With Limited Budget: Induxpert Burner 9100
The Induxpert Portable Electric Induction is an affordable portable electric stove option built with safety features, like an auto-detection pan, child lock, and timer up to 99 minutes. This unit has a large cooking hotspot to fit up to 10-inch pots and pans.
The controls are sensitive to the touch for easy operation of settings. I love that it offers a 100% money-back guarantee because you can ask for a refund in case you’re not satisfied with the quality of the product.
Your mind will also be at peace if you have children because the 9100 burner comes with a child lock feature. There are about 8 power levels available and a wattage that can reach up to 1300 watts.
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee
- Built with basic safety features
- Designed with digital control panel
- Has a very affordable sale price
- Offers 8 power level settings for fine-grained temperature control
- Made of the ceramic cooktop and stainless steel frame
- Has a very loud fan noise
- It would have been perfect if it has exact temperature control
4. Upgrade Pick – The Highest Quality Product With High Price: Waring SB30 1300-Watt
The Waring SB30 IS A 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner which is made of durable cast-iron plate and a stainless steel housing. Its low profile design fits any kitchen. For your convenience and safety, there are “on” and “off” indicator lights.
Non-slip rubber feet are designed so the unit won’t slide off when in use. With just a simple turn of the knob, you can adjust the thermostat from 1 to 5. The coil has a diameter of almost 8 inches, large enough to accommodate a 10-inch pan or pot.
- Built with a very durable construction
- Has an adjustable thermostat for versatility
- Cooks evenly and quickly on a saucepan
- Has a large coil to accommodate larger pans
- Has indicator lights for your convenience
- The price is expensive
- Takes time to boil a pot of water on a kettle
- Wish the dial runs with clicks, not smoothly
5. Niche Pick – The Best Single Burner For Heavy-Duty Use: Cuisinart CB-30 Cast-Iron Single Burner
The Cuisinart CB-30 is a heavy-duty portable electric stove with its cast iron plate and stainless steel housing. From its weight alone, you can tell that it’s solidly built and there’s no rattling. It offers six temperature control to suit your cooking needs from simmering soups to boiling hot water.
There are indicator lights to tell you whether the unit is on and ready. Like other high-end electric stoves, the CB-30 is coil-less for easy cleanup. Its 1300 watts of power can heat up quickly and effectively retain high heat while cooking.
- Has a heavy-duty and solid construction
- Made with a coil-less design for easy cleanup
- Offers six temperature control settings
- Features indicator lights for easy use
- Works great for pan cooking
- Has a large coil diameter to suit most pan and pot sizes
- Takes longer to boil water
- The sides can get hot sometimes so make sure to keep away the flammable items
Advantages Of A Portable Electric Stove
No doubt that portable electric stoves have been preferred by many consumers. Here are a few benefits that you can expect.
Obviously, a portable electric stove gives you portability. Its lightweight design allows you to bring it anywhere you like. If you constantly travel outdoors for adventure, then this portable stove will be a great purchase.
* Heats Instantly
When it comes to performance, nothing beats an electric stove in the speed of heating. This type of stove heats almost instantly, way faster than a gas stove simply due to the induction technology it uses.
* More Efficient
You see that a portable electric stove, especially the induction cooktop, heats cookware and not the entire surface. This generates less energy waste and increases cooking efficiency up to 70%.
* Easy To Clean And Use
Cleaning a conventional stove can be a challenge especially with some food trapped in some areas. With an induction cooktop, you only need to wipe it with a damp cloth. Using it is also very easy with just a slight tap of its sensor-touch control panel.
* Safe To Use
Safety is very important especially if you’re dealing with any form of fire. Unlike gas stoves that emit a certain kind of toxic gas, this specific type of stove won’t do such a thing. It usually has a heat level indicator that tells you which surface is too hot to touch.
Tips In Using An Electric Stove
Be aware that an electric stove is slow to change from one level to another. To solve this problem, minimize the heat a minute ahead of when the recipe instructs you to do.
Always use the cookware suitable for your induction or electric stove. Some examples of suitable cookware include stainless steel, enameled iron, and cast iron.
If you see any spills, wipe them straight away or else they will burn onto the ceramic.
For better performance, make sure that you clean the base of your cookware.
Key Considerations For Buying The Best Portable Electric Stove
* Number Of Power Level Settings
The higher the number of power levels, the better. More levels mean a wider range of temperature.
So, if you want to simmer your soup, you don’t have to blast your unit to hundreds of watts but select a lower power level.
For a portable electric burner, you want the wattage to be similar to that of a regular range large burner. The best portable electric stove should have a wattage that’s more than 1750 watts. Most of the units I reviewed above can reach as high as 1800 watts of power.
* Construction And Design
You want a portable electric stove with a large coil diameter and an angled front control panel. The larger the coil diameter, the more compatible your unit to most of your pans. Remember that the size of the circular hotspot will be half of the coil diameter.
Avoid buying portable electric stoves that look like tablets. Once you put a large-diameter pan, the heat easily affects the controls’ electronics since they’re level with the pan. Instead, choose a unit with an angled front control panel so you can protect it from the heat.
Also, check the construction of the unit and make sure that it’s not made with any plastic materials. What you should be looking for are stainless steel or cast iron housing and a large ceramic top plate.
* Digital Display And Sensor-Touch Control
If you want to see the accurate temperature and time, look for an LED or LCD display system. The display should be well-lit so you can clearly read the text even in dark areas.
With a sensor-touch control feature, you’ll be able to select settings by a slight tap of your finger.
* Safety Features
Just with any other kitchen appliance, safety is important. Several safety features that you should look for are a timer, auto-pan detection, and lock. A built-in timer allows you to set the time and leave your cooker while it cooks.
An auto-pan detection feature will turn off the unit automatically if no cookware is detected. If you have kids, look for a Child Lock feature to prevent your little ones from playing the cooker’s control panel.
* Warranty Or Money Back Guarantee
The length of the warranty may indicate the durability of the product. The longer, the better because a manufacturer won’t extend a warranty for a longer period if he’s not confident with the product.
For a risk-free purchase, look for a money-back guarantee which allows you to request a refund in case you’re not satisfied with the unit.
Now, the price shouldn’t be a problem if you want to invest in something durable and high-quality. However, a high price doesn’t always mean better quality. Make sure to know the features that you need so you spend on something that you’ll really use and not waste.
So, the best portable electric stove is the Duxtop 9600LS Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner because it has met most of the features that we’re looking for.
Compared to its rivals, it offers the highest number of power level settings, the highest wattage, and an angled front control panel. It also offers a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty, safety features, and a digital sensor-touch control panel.
While the Secura 8100MC almost offers the same features, it’s shaped like a tablet that puts its control panel at the level of the pan. The LCD display of 9600LS is also crystal clear which makes it readable even in dark areas.
If you’ve tried using any of these products or want to suggest some better brands, let us know in the comment section. Please share this article with your friends if you like it.
N.B. You might also search for Best Deep Fryer and Best Air Fryer