Best Vacuum Sealer 2018 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Are you searching for the best option for storage? If so, then you need to get yourself a good vacuum sealer. The best vacuum sealer should be dependable, easy to use, and offers the best value.
Many people like to own a vacuum sealer because it’s an effective way of sealing fresh meat, vegetables, and fruits. If you’ve been to the store, you’ll know how confusing it is to select the right vacuum sealer given many brands currently available.
For your convenience, I’ll detail the things that you should take note, and review five of the most popular brands in the market today.
If you are interested in other kitchen gadgets, refer here: Best Choises
Types Of Vacuum Sealers
In general, there are two main types of vacuum sealers: chamber and external. The chamber vacuum sealer removes air from the chamber and seals the bag to store food almost fully air-free.
External vacuum sealers, on the other hand, remove air from the bag’s interior only. While the chamber type is much preferred by professionals, the external type is adequate for home use.
If you want to know the clear difference between chamber and external vacuum sealers, watch this.
You can find many types of vacuum sealers on the market today. One of them is a countertop model which allows you to seal liquids and foods while maintaining their nutritional value. Another one is handheld model which suits for portability and convenience. There are also vacuum sealers which are either operated by electricity or battery.
Advantages Of Using A Vacuum Sealer
A device, like a vacuum sealer, allows you to purchase food in bulk. This is because this device can seal your food in the freezer for a very long time, hence, avoiding wasting in the process. You can also use the vacuum sealer to mix food for ready-made meals or marinate meat before cooking.
Since all the air is taken out of the package, bacterial growth is limited which would cause spoilage. Sealing food also prevents your food from dehydration and freezer burn. Also, you save storage space in your freezer because the packaging would be reduced to a more compact size.
Proper Care And Maintenance
You can keep your vacuum sealer in good condition by cleaning it periodically with antibacterial soap and warm water. Ideally, you need to clean your sealing device after every use because some bacteria may be left behind.
If you fail to clean it, the bacteria may build up over time and result in food contamination.
For more specific advice, you can refer to the instruction manual of your unit. For sealers with gaskets, you’ll need to clean those every 3-6 months and replace them yearly. If your sealer is battery-operated, make sure that you check the battery regularly and replace it if necessary.
What To Look For When Buying Your Best Vacuum Sealer
To get the best value for your money, look for a model that offers coordinating accessories, like storage bags. The more accessories, the better because you can save up the cost of buying a particular brand of special vacuum sealer bags.
Typically, brands offer storage bags that are compatible with its model. If the model uses heat to seal bags, make sure that the bags are heat-safe. Some brands may even offer additional containers for vacuum-sealed bags and hoses for sealing jars.
• Ease Of Use
There are plenty of differences when it comes to operating this sealing device. What I’m looking for is something that you can use easily. There are some models that may need both hands to operate while others may only need one hand.
The best vacuum sealer should have controls that allow you to select between simple sealing and vacuum sealing. This makes it simple to seal loose food like potato chips without squashing them.
• Extra Features
In reviewing the products below, I’ll consider other features, like an auxiliary suction tube, LED indicators, and automatic cut-off. An auxiliary suction tube will let you seal zipper bags. LED indicators are a nice feature if you want to know the sealing progress.
An automatic cut-off feature is great to have if you want convenience than anything else. Without this feature, you may need to hear the sound of the motor so you’ll know when the sealing is finished.
Other great features that you may consider include adjustable vacuum strength, pressure gauges
Just like with any other purchase, you want something that offers the best value. A cheap price may probably not give you the best. There are some high-end vacuum sealers that are worth for.
When deciding what sealer to buy, look at the features and think if the price is reasonable. If possible, look for an efficient model at the least price.
• Sealing Mechanism
The vacuum sealer’s performance depends on the quality of the heating bar and the vacuum strength. Some cheaper models have insufficient vacuum strength that’s why they seal food improperly.
Many of the best models integrate heating bars that are veiled with heavy-duty silicon frames.
Buying a vacuum sealer is a great investment, so to protect it, look for a warranty. This privilege gives you peace of mind each time your machine breaks down accidentally. Many models offer a one-year warranty, but if you can find a longer warranty, the better because it’s a good sign that the manufacturer is confident with its quality.
Top 5 Best Vacuum Sealer Reviews
1. FoodSaver V4440 2-In-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
The FoodSaver V4440)comes with a retractable handheld sealer for sealing other containers, like canisters and zipper bags. This feature eradicates the need for additional attachments. Its automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing system makes this unit easy to operate.
The marinate function works in minutes instead of hours. You can also customize the size of the bag through its built-in cutter A pull-out drip tray drawer is designed to catch any overflowing liquids, making the machine easy to clean.
- Seals fast and securely
- Made with a retractable handheld sealer for sealing zipper bags and containers
- Easy to use with its fully automatic operation
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty• Built with a cutter for bag size customization
- Made with a pull-out drip tray drawer for a mess-free operation
- Can seal delicate food, including cookies and muffins
- Comes with a starter kit of rolls and bags
- A bit expensive
- The unit may overheat sometimes so you have to wait for a few minutes before using
- It would be nice if the top panel had been secured with an inner latch
2. Weston Pro-2300 Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer
The Weston Pro-2300 can be used in various ways like sealing, marinating, and sous viding. This commercial-grade sealer comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. Its stainless steel construction makes it durable for long-term use.
The double piston vacuum pump offers a high strength and power for quick seal time. The super large Teflon bar can seal bags with a maximum of 15 inches in width. If you’ll seal more delicate foods, you can use the manual control option.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Has a strong sealing power
- Built with a manual control option for sealing more delicate foods
- Designed with LED lights to monitor the sealing process
- Built with a fan to cool the motor and prevent overheating
- Extra-ling seal bar for sealing various sizes of bags up to 15 inches in width
- Very expensive as compared to similar products
- Doesn’t offer a good seal, especially if there’s moisture in food
- It would be nice if it had come with a starter kit
3. Sea Maid Vacuum Sealer
The Sea Maid Vacuum Sealer comes with a starter kit of five sealing bags, one sealing the bag roll, and one spare lower gasket. It also includes a sealing hose where you can seal various containers, like jars, canisters, and wine stoppers.
What I love best is its multiple pre-programmed functions which you can do various things like marinating meat, saving food, and vacuuming canisters.
All you need to do is just press one button. This unit also introduces a manual seal button whenever you want to stop vacuuming. Thanks to its built-in sealing bag management, you can create your own size of the bag out from a roll and also cut on the side of the bags.
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Built with multiple pre-programmed functions for versatility
- Includes a sealing hose for jar lids and canisters
- Comes with a starter kit of sealing bags, roll, and lower gasket spare
- Compact and easy to use
- Fast and powerful
- Designed with a manual seal button
- Has a good price for its great value
- Has a built-in sealing bag management to make your own size of bag
- It be perfect if it had come with a hands-free operation
- You may need to hold down the lid manually when sealing
- Wish it had a longer warranty period
4. Geryon Vacuum Sealer Machine
The Geryon Vacuum Sealer)is a compact automatic vacuum sealing system which comes with a starter pack of five heat-seal bags and one roll. This unit is so easy to use with its automatic One touch vacuum sealer operation. You can monitor the sealing process through its seal indicator lights.
This machine is compatible with any brand of bags up to 12 inches in width. Its compact size and lightweight design make it easy to store in your kitchen. You can also be ensured of its quality because this product is backed by a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Comes with bags and rolls
- Supports a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
- Has a very affordable price
- Built with basic features, such as indicator lights
- Easy to use with its one-touch operation
- Can seal various items, including food, linens, and magazines
- Can seal food in as fast as 10 seconds
- Has a compact and lightweight design
- May work poorly with juicy fruits
- The sealing performance is erratic
- Doesn’t hold the seal for longer
5. Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System With Starter Kit
The Crenova VS100 seals food bags and canning jars in a matter of seconds. Not only does it seal fresh meat, but it also seals other items, like letters, stuffed toys, and magazines. This model automatically operates with just a press of a button making it easy to use.
It includes a starter kit of 10 hot-seal bags saving you the cost of buying additional storage bags. Seal indicator lights make it easy for you to monitor the sealing process. This product is backed by a one-year warranty, so within this period you can set your mind at peace for any defects.
- Supports a one-year warranty
- Operates at a low noise
- Easy to use with its manual pulse function
- Comes with free 10 pieces of vacuum sealer bags
- Built with a metal case for durability
- Seals various items, such as food, magazines, and other household articles
- Integrates indicator lights for fast troubleshooting
- The vacuuming function fades over time
- Won’t seal food with juices well
- This machine malfunctions easily
My Best Vacuum Sealer
Out from the five vacuum sealers reviewed above, my pick as the best vacuum sealer is the FoodSaver V4440 because it has the best features that I’m looking for. The V4440 has many accessories, such as a retractable handheld sealer, bags, and rolls. It’s easy to use because it’s fully automatic.
As compared to other brands, the V4440 has the longest warranty of 5 years. The sealing mechanism is also fast and effective. Best of all, it’s built with great features, like a built-in cutter, pull-out drip tray drawer, and a marinate mode.
Did you enjoy reading the review on the best vacuum sealers? I hope this guide will be a great help you to choose the best vacuum sealer.
If you have questions or suggestions about this article, post them in the comment section. Please share this article with your friends if you like it.