Are you craving some rich and moist raisin butter cake? If you are, then you better check this raisin butter cake recipe which I discovered lately. This cake is so easy to make that you can try it even if you’re a beginner at baking.
To me, butter cake simply reminds me of a pound cake with less sugar and butter. If you’re ready to make some raisin butter cake, follow the recipe below.
Equipment You’ll Need
Loaf Pan – The loaf pan will be used as a mold and container for your raisin butter cake during baking. If you like your butter cake to brown nicely, use glass Pyrex. If you want that perfect honeyed-copper crust, choose a gold-colored nonstick surface.
Parchment Paper – You’ll need parchment paper to prevent your cake from sticking to the loaf pan. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use cooking spray or butter to coat the loaf pan.
Electric Mixer – An electric mixer is an efficient tool to beat the ingredients. You can use a stand or hand mixer, depending on your preference. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can beat the ingredients manually using a whisk.
Butter – makes the cake moist, smooth, and creamy. It also works as a binding agent to make the cake hold together after baking. I use 4oz of softened, unsalted butter because you can control the amount of salt to be added to the recipe later. Leave at room temperature.
Sugar – Aside from sweetness, sugar can keep your cake soft, moist, and tender when bonded with water molecules. It also causes the batter to rise during baking. For this recipe, you’ll need 4oz of sugar.
Salt – You’ll need 1/4 teaspoon of salt to improve the flavor of the other ingredients on the raisin butter cake recipe. The saltiness will try to balance the sweetness of the cake. Without it, the cake will come out flat and stale.
All-Purpose Flour – Prepare 6,5oz of all-purpose flour to make the raisin butter cake. To ensure that are no lumps, sift flour on a flour sifter before mixing.
Eggs – You’ll need two large eggs to give structure to the cake. Also, it can give nutritional value as well as richness and color. When combined with sugar, they make the cake more flavorful and moist. Room temperature.
Milk – You’ll need 100ml of fresh milk without sugar. Milk not only gives your cake structure, strength but also adds tenderness, flavor, and moisture to the baked good.
Baking Powder – Baking powder is a leavening agent which can make your batter rise during baking. Don’t confuse this with baking soda because this ingredient already has an acid to instigate leavening. For this recipe, prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
Vanilla Extract – Just like salt, the role of vanilla extract is to enhance flavor. This extract can also bring aroma and remove the unpleasant smell of the eggs. You’ll need about 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Raisins – This butter cake is made distinctive because of raisins. You can use 3.5oz of raisins for this recipe. If you’re feeling fancy, you can soak the raisins in rum and add 2-3 tablespoons of rum to the mixture for that extra flavor.
1. Prepare Raisin
Wash raisin thoroughly with warm water then let raisin soaked in Rum alcohol for 1.5 hours. Then take the raisin out and drain.
Add 1tbps flour, mix well in order to let a thin layer of the flour cover raisin. <This step will help raisin not to drop to the bottom>
2. Preheat The Oven
Get your loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use a piece of butter to apply to the loaf pan then sprinkle some plain flour for non-sticking <you should remove the excess flour out of the loaf pan. Then set aside. Put the loaf pan in the middle of the oven. Preheat your oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Beat The Ingredients
In the bowl of the mixer, add butter. Set the mixer on medium and beat for one minute or until creamy. Next, add the sugar and beat for three minutes until the mixture turns to ivory color.
When the mixture becomes light and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time until creamy. Now, turn down the speed to low and add the vanilla extract.
Place flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Make sure that you sift them first. Mix by a whisk. Now we have the dry mixture.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture <¼ of the dry mixture at a time> and beat at a low speed. Then add milk, beat for 30 seconds.
Finally, place raisin into the mixture, mix well.
4. Bake And Serve
Get your loaf pan lined with parchment paper, and pour the batter. Bake for about 55 minutes. When it’s done, cool the cake for about five minutes. Cut, serve, and enjoy.
- Sprinkle some flour on the raisins to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- To mix the batter well, sift the dry ingredients (sugar, all-purpose flour, and baking powder) before mixing.
- Try adding orange or lemon zest to the batter if you want variety in flavor.
Raisin Butter Cake Recipe
- Butter – 4oz of softened
- Sugar – 4oz of sugar.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- All-Purpose Flour – 6,5oz of all-purpose flour
- Eggs – 2 large eggs
- Milk – 100ml of fresh milk without sugar
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Raisins – 3.5oz of raisins and 2-3 tablespoons of rum
- Wash raisin thoroughly with warm water then let raisin soaked in Rum alcohol for 1.5 hours.
- Add 1tbps flour, mix well in order to let a thin layer of the flour cover raisin.
- Preheat your oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a piece of butter to apply to the loaf pan then sprinkle some plain flour for non-sticking.
- Use a piece of butter to apply to the loaf pan then sprinkle some plain flour for non-sticking <you should remove the excess flour out of the loaf pan>
- Add the eggs one at a time until creamy. Now, turn down the speed to low and add the vanilla extract.
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Mix by a whisk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture <¼ of the dry mixture at a time> and beat on a low speed. Then add milk, beat for 30 seconds.
- Place raisin into the mixture, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf pan, bake for about 55 minutes.
- When it’s done, cool the cake for about five minutes. Cut, serve, and enjoy.
Did you like this raisin butter cake recipe? I like to make this recipe because it’s easy to do and the buttery taste is heavenly. Just remember to follow the recipe above and I can guarantee you a delicious raisin butter cake for your family to enjoy.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comment section. Please share this article with your friends if you like it.